Sunday 25 March 2018

Home Guard Field Gun

This is my WW1 era 18pdr Field Gun pressed into service for my Home Guard as an anti-tank gun. I put it together ages ago but finally got round to painting it last week ahead of the VBCW game. it did feature in a couple of photos in that battle report but here you can see it more clearly. 




And here are some clearer shots of my AHBV (Armored Hedgerow Breaching Vehicle) I made for eh VBCW game. It is effectively an open-topped heavy tank with no weapons and a troop carrying capacity of three (My three man engineer team). It is based on the hull of a Matilda 2. it was supposed to have two Vickers K guns mounted on the sides but I forgot. In the end I quite like the idea of a heavy tank that is complete unarmed. It all very VBCW.



2 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

That hedgerow clearer is absolutely superb, I love it!

Simon Quinton said...

Wow that Hedgerow Breacher is ace. Nice work on the gun as well. You've got a versatile force coming together now.