Sunday 18 September 2011

Some Sillyness I Have Been Sculpting



Sometimes I get overtaken by odd urges.


These usually come when I have been spending too long looking at other peoples 'greens' (by which, I mean their sculptures for figures, so called because they are usually made from a green putty known as 'green stuff'). When I am overcome by these urges I have to break out my tools and have a go myself.




Unfortunately for me - and fortunately for the countless small companies making miniatures who would be my natural rival, I am not actually very good at sculpting. Unless you have actually given it a go, it is hard to appreciate just how difficult it is, and how much skill is possessed by the men and women who make 28mm figures for us wargamers to enjoy.



An alien bug-creature, evolved on a low gravity world, where it's tiny tentacle-like legs can shift it's massive bulk.



A giant alien leach creature.



I can't tell you what this is for, it's a surprise!

1 comment:

Andy said...

Cool stuff-- that "leech" looks like a Plants vs. Zombies pea shooter!