Friday 9 November 2012

Viking War-band

Following my trip to the Beast Towers (Gripping Beasts HQ in Evesham) for the VBCW Big Game 5, I felt very inspired to paint my SAGA Viking war band. Gripping Beast produce a wonderful range of Viking Age miniatures, and they had display cabinets stuffed with countless beautifully painted (and slightly dusty) Vikings, Saxons, Normans and Crusaders. 


 I bought the plastics for this last year when I went to BG4, but apart from putting them together I havn't made much progress since. Determined to get a four point war-band together to face my Angle-Danish Warband, I finally made some progress. I have a few Work-In-Progress too, so I should finish my war-band by the end of the week, and be able to schedule in a game or two soon. 

Viking Warlord Ragnar the Fell-Handed


Ragnar's trusted battle-brothers (and his wolf-hound Fenris)

Wild-eyed Berserkers

Ragnar is a West Wind model with a head-swap for a plastic Viking head by Gripping Beasts. The Battle-Brothers are (left to right) Wargames Foundry, Gripping Beast, Crusader and perhaps Crusader. The Berserkers are Black Tree Designs. 

2 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

These look absolutely tremendous, great work Sir.

Simon Quinton said...

Very nice sir. Only a few miles from me then!