Thursday 7 March 2013

Burma: Some Chinidts

Just another quick post to show off a few of the Chindits I am currently working on for my WW2 Burma campaign for Bolt Action.
Work continues apace, with me having something like 40 models already finished. I have to pace myself a bit so I don’t get over fatigued painting uniforms (not one of my favourite things after spending too many years doing Imperial Guards for 40K).
 In fairness painting Chindits is a doddle compared to the Japanese, and if I could delegate the job of painting the Japanese army to someone else I would be able to churn out the Chindits in no time at all.


These figures are by Wargames Foundry and Warlord Games.


I estimate I need about 80 figures in total to complete a basic Japanese and a Chindit platoon for BA, so I guess I am about half way there. 

5 comments:

styx said...

Great work! i have a buddy that wants to do Chindits.

Simon Quinton said...

Nicely done perhaps paint the Chindits as a reward for getting the same amount of Japanese finished?

Smillie said...

Looking good, it can get a bit much painting the same uniform again and again can't it. I'm taking a break from unit painting at present and have resolved to only paint "one off" figures for a while.

pulpcitizen said...

Chindits are looking good Rob. No other viable alternative to the crap Japanese minis?

Rob Bresnen said...

I have tried West Wind, who are slightly nicer that the Bolt Action ones, but at least have the advantage of being very cheap. I have yet to try TAG, so they might be batter. Their Chindits are OK.