Thursday 21 March 2013

East End Apocalypse: Coppers

Here are some photos of some British police. I am not really sure why I wanted to do these. They're one of those projects I sometime start thinking it is a good idea, but not really sure what to do with it. I could use them in a Supers campaign set in the UK, or for for an addition force for my East End Apocalypse, somewhere between zombies and ASBO hoodies. Anyway, what ever I do with them, here are a couple to start with. These figures are by Warm Acre for No-Go-Zone. They are 28mm. 


In fairness, these are not great sculpts: Scale is odd; proportions are quite peculiar;  limbs come in variable length  even on the same model; details are soft and lacking in accuracy.  All in all there is not a lot going for these models, other than the fact they are the only UK police models in 28mm without guns (in case you didn't know UK police do not routinely carry guns). There are a few manufacturers who make SWAT type figures and Hasslefree even make armed police, but if you want unarmed police you have to use these guys. Also, I got them really cheep on eBay.



This is a Burago 1/47 scale Land Rover Defender 110 I got on eBay for a few quid. It scales really well with my police figures, particularly as they have thick urban bases.


Father Christmas brought me a couple of these in my stocking last Christmas- cleaver Father Christmas. Not sure who made them  but they say made in China on the bottom. They are very slightly over scaled, compared with the Land Rover. They are probably something like 1/44 scale i.e. still usable. 


4 comments:

tim said...

Nice!

I think some of the Killer B Games bobbies in their "Geezers Shut It" line are unarmed... But they're not really right-now-modern - they're more late 70s/early 80s...

Smillie said...

Cool vehicles, will you repaint or leave as is?

Rob Bresnen said...

Crooked dice also do some 70's style ones too, and Artizan do some that look 40's-50's. I don't know why no one makes nice modern ones.

I am going to leave the cars as they are because painting all those checks and lines would be a nightmare.

Michael Awdry said...

These look great, love the Hi Vis jacket.