Tuesday 9 October 2018

Zombtober 2018 Week 1

It's October again so you can expect the usual Zombtober festivity. As always the idea behind zombtober is to paint at least one zombie or zom-apoc survivor each week during October, publishing a picture on the Sunday. Now as it is Tuesday it is clear that I am already a bit behind, but this is because I have been away for the weekend.

I have finished painting two Zombtober models. My theme this week is military. I am using the Wargames Factory/Warlord Games plastic special forces figures as the base for my guys. My plan is to make three soldiers or national guardsmen in the normal pre-apocalypse uniforms, three in post-apocalypse kit with improvised weapons and perhaps more civilian equipment scavenged from gun stores and alike when the own supplies stared to run out, and three who have succumb to the Contagion and become zombies.




The figures are based on the Wargames Factory plastics, with Studio Miniatures plastic zombie parts and a few bits from the Wargames Factory zombie survivors sprue. These plastics all scale very well together.

10 comments:

pulpcitizen said...

Off to an excellent start. :)

Rob Bresnen said...

why thank you. bit late but there you go.

The Angry Piper said...

I'm getting a late start, too. I love your submissions! Almost all my zombies are Wargames Factory; it's good to know the extra bits I have left will scale well with other manufacturers. I need to make some soldiers and soldier/zombies like this!

Ivor Evans said...

Great stuff Rob! I'll tell you what, that one white eye on the zombie, nicely done! A simple thing but really makes the model pop 🙂

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Great work!

Simon Quinton said...

Nice work dude!

Clint said...

I was late my very first time. Promise you will not beat yourself up about it. It happens to us all sooner or later.

Nice work getting them both done I look forward to seeing more in the coming weeks.

Dai said...

These are great!

Good start to a fun hobby month.

The Wargame Addict said...

These are excellent Rob, and I'm stealing the "zombified squaddies" idea straight away :-)

Kieron said...

I like the idea of military zombies as it stands to reason they’ll be around if the outbreak has got out of control.