Tuesday 10 December 2013

French and Indian Wars- British

It's been a bit quite on the blog front of late- part in thanks to getting a bit fatigued with Zomtomber's marathon slog, but I am back on target and am working hard to finish the 2013 projects- namely WW2 Burma and the French and  Indian Wars.
To that end I have rebased my F+IW British on round bases- now this goes against the advice in the Muskets and Tomahawks rulebook, which recommends square bases, but I can't help it, I just happen to think everything looks better on a round base. 
Over on Lead Adventure Forum there are a few other guys working on M+T armies, and they all use round bases, and so I thought 'why not join them'. It was a bit of a hassle to rebases them, but I am glad I did as they look cooler now. 
Also note that I have added three Mohawk Indians too as allies to the British- local scouts I guess. I need to paint a few more to make it 'game legal' but they are in the pipe line. 
PS- sorry about the disgusting green hue- the lighting was poor and so I was forced to use electric lighting. You might need to turn you monitor display down a bit. 




6 comments:

Simon Quinton said...

They look great mate. I have to agree they look far better on round bases. If its a hassle with the rules perhaps get some movement trays to stick them on.

Jay said...

Nice looking.

pulpcitizen said...

Nicely done and the round basing certainly looks 'right' to me. :)

Phil said...

Very nice, love the paintjob and the different poses...

Michael Awdry said...

Stunning job Sir.

Rob Bresnen said...

thanks for the comments. I am glad you like them- there's some French on the way soon too.