Saturday 1 October 2016

Zombtober 2016: Bring Out Your Dead Part 1

OH MY GOD! Its the first of October and that means its Zombtober again. I completely forgot because I have been on nights and I am very disorientated about what day it is. As soon as I realised it was the fist I new I had to get on the Blog. 

Zombtober this year will feature lots of tiny zombies for my 15mm Vampire Counts Warhammer 6th edition army, along with a few of their dark vampire masters. I have completed the first 2000pts of Orc and Goblins just in time to start this project and, at the request of Vampifan I will be commencing Vampire Counts as my next Warhammer army. 

The zombie horde (although I might add a few more before the end of the month)

A Vampire Count on a Nightmare



Vampire Count on Foot

The First Go at a Corpse Cart-(It's going to be redone as it looks a bit crap)

My Vampire counts army will feature a core of two big units of skeletons and a very big unit of zombies. For Zombtober I plan on getting the zombies raised from the dead, painted and based by the end of the month. I have also made a Corpse Cart and I have two Vampires to paint. All the figures are from Demonworld, although if I can afford it I might order some more form other manufactures to add some more irregularity to the ranks of the shambling dead. 

Creepy Village

A 28mm Warhammer Garden of Morr

A different creepy village with an even creepier windmill 

A vampire Counts castle


I also plan on making a few bits of vampire count inspired terrain peaces as part of the Zombtober project (As painting endless 15mm zombies might be fun for me but I think it might be a bit dull for you readers). I am going to attempt my take on a Garden of Morr, and a creepy ruin, and perhaps even a Vampire Count castle or a cursed Sylvanian village. I can't grantee my finished buildings will look anything like these consept pictures but the will serve to give you the right feel. 

8 comments:

Simon Quinton said...

Awesome and ambitious dude.

Michael Awdry said...

Wow, that's quite a horde you've amassed - best of luck.

Phil Curran said...

I think my aged eyes may struggle with 15mm. Give 'em hell youngster.

Dick Garrison said...

very nice and ambitious, love the creepy village idea.

Cheers Roger.

Da Gobbo said...

I feel your nightshift pain dude, good luck

Kieron said...

That some plans you have there.

Looking forward to it.

Mike C said...

Love it! Looking forward to seeing the finished project.

Dai said...

Masses of undead in 15mm... Can't wait.