Sunday 2 October 2016

Zombtober 2016: Bring Out Your Dead Part 2

No actual zombie painting yet, although I did manage to get most of my zeds sprayed today so with a bit of luck I can get on with painting some this evening. Instead of painting I have spent the afternoon making stuff. 

My first attempt at a corpse cart was not very impressive. It would have done the job but it lacked the wow-factor of an army centre piece. This morning I woke up with the determination to do better. After consulting the internet for pictures of a Vampire Count Corpse Cart, I had a long rummage through my bits box, pulled the old old one to pieces and started again. 

Before- crap

After- Much Cooler!
 This version of the Corpse Cart is made up of bits of Bretonian stakes, and ribs made up of plastic shaved off round bases. The bale-fire is from a warhammer fire wizard. It might be difficult to tell until it's painted but there is a pile of broken up zombies as corpses in the back of the cart. This meant there was no room for the necromancer driver but I thought this was a reasonable compromise considering the scale. 

After I built this I began on the cemetry, or Garden of Morr as it is known in the Warhammer world. It's early stages yet but I am rather excited about it so far. The gate posts are from the 40K cities of Death  buildings, with all the rivets shaved off. The sarcophagi have (very) old warhammer shields on them. The skulls on the gate are taken form old 28mm warhammer plastics (probably some of the earliest figures I have ever painted but long since relegated to the bits box). I have ordered some grave stones and skulls from Peter Pig, so hopefully they will arrive in time for me to get this painted. 





6 comments:

pulpcitizen said...

The WiP's are shaping up well. :)

Michael Awdry said...

That some splendid scratch building Sir.

Simon Quinton said...

Looks great so far. Love the idea of the embossed shields for tombs!

Kieron said...

Love the Garden of Morr. The Corpse Cart is cool too.

Da Gobbo said...

The corpse cart is great dude. The garden of Morr works really well too

Dai said...

Nicely done! At this scale it's hard to make stuff look this good, but you have worked wonders.