Monday 31 October 2016

Zombtober 2016: Final Halloween Round Up

Happy Halloween fellow Zombtober followers and other readers. I apologise for not posting yesterday but I have been swamped at work and so on, but I have finally got round to finishing my final Zombtober entry for 2016. Looking back at my goals for the month I haven't done too badly- I have painted 8 stands of 15mm zombies (including two unit fillers), which is the equivalent of a regiment of 48 zombies in Warhammer. I have also painted six scenery pieces, with a couple more in progress, which is great, as I now have enough 15mm terrain to at least get started with games of minihammer, although I want lots more. I have only painted one vampire so far, but as I have been concentrating on zombies for Zombtober I think that is excusable. 

The best bit about Zombtober for me is seeing how well everyone else progresses over the month. Most people seem to have opted for modern zombies, which is interesting, and zombie survivors.
I have thoroughly enjoyed Zombtober this year, and the extra motivation it provides, and I am already thinking about what I can do next year. Happy Halloween and congratulations to everyone who finished the Zombtober challenge! 

Here is a picture of my completed zombie regiment- at eight ranks deep it will have some staying power even if it lacks combat potential. 


The scratch-built Corpse Cart came out rather nice



Marcus von Drak, my vampire thrall, in heavy armour looks suitable imposing. 


 These three zombie 'skirmishers' were left over from the rest of the project. I plan to make some 15mm Mordhiem warbands in the future, so these three, and the vampire, will form the nucleolus of an undead warband. 

This is my unit filler- The tree and grave marker were from Peter Pig


Here Marcus Von Drak is exploring the site of a desecrated temple


This is a field for my Sylvanian peasants to scrape out a merger existence from. I was going to have a crop of pumpkins for Halloween, but alas I have been too busy to make them- may be next week?


And here is my undead 'army' so far...


6 comments:

Rod said...

Nice work! I especially like the vampire. He does look the part.

pulpcitizen said...

Nicely done for the month. :)

Another Zomtober ends, time to look ahead to 2017!

Michael Awdry said...

Fabulous end to the month, Happy Halloween!

Da Gobbo said...

The vampire is excellent, great output for Zombtober!

Dick Garrison said...

Lovely stuff sir, and great output for Zomtober.

Love the red guy by the way!

Cheers Roger.

Anonymous said...

Very very nice.