Friday 26 June 2015

French and Indian War: 18th Century Farm Girls

These are my last entry into the Lead Painters League this Year. They are some 18th century farmers which will be used for my French And Indian Wars Project, but could easily populate a pirate board. They are lovely figures from Fenryll. They are a bit tall, probably 30mm, so would look wrong with many of my other ranges, but Redoubts FIW stuff is so chunky they could be just about right. I love the sculpts, which are very detailed. It's nice to see female figures that are attractive, but dressed (fairly) modestly. The horse and cart are from Warbases, and the cargo is form Ainsty. 


8 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Great figures Rob, I'll have to look these up, cheers!

Jay said...

Great job with the brush and paint!!

pulpcitizen said...

Lovely minis and very nice painting. Great stuff. :)

pulpcitizen said...

Lovely minis and very nice painting. Great stuff. :)

irishhighlander said...

I find the figure with the suspender on her stocking to be a bit off. Women on the frontier wouldn't have had kinky styles. I do like the look of them though and your painting is tremendous!

Rob Bresnen said...

Good point Irishhighlander. Maybe she is French?

Simon Quinton said...

These look great. I like the cheeky suspenders makes them less boring :) And of course frontier places usually had inns right :)

Vampifan said...

A very nice set of minis, Rob. My favourite is definitely the young woman wearing stockings and suspender belt. Sexy minx!