Sunday 17 December 2017

Freebooter's Fate Scrap

Following my declaration to post regularly to my blog I have had technical problems with my computer that has taken two weeks to resolve (my hard drive packed in and have had to start from scratch!). However, with that behind me I can get back to blogging with what I hope will be a rapid flurry of blog entries.
 
Without further ado, here are some pictures of a game of Freebooter's Fate Pulp Citizen and I had a few weeks ago round in his man-cave. The scrap was the first outing for My Imperial Armada, fighting to rid the island of the terrible scourge of the Brotherhood, a band of cowardly assassins.
 
 
 
My brave boys (and girls) of the Imperial Armada...
 
 
Pulp Citizens cowardly masked assassins of the Brotherhood...
 
 
The scrap got of to an early start with my gunners taking up position to provide covering fire
 

 Pulp Citizens crew continued to sculk about in the shadows
 
 
By using my captain as bate I managed to draw the  assassins out of the shadows as they tried to take advantage of my 'tactical error'. My captain survived their attacks and the heavy hiters from his crew counter charged and cut the assassins down.
 
 
 
 My marine chassed after on of the assassins henchmen, but came of worse in the fight.  
 
 
 
With time running out the cowardly assassins proved reluctant to risk crossing open ground where my gunners could snipe at them, and other than them  chucking a few poisoned knives at my men, the fight was pretty much over.
 


All in all a great game, and a satisfying first outing for the Armada. They combine good ranged attacks with reasonable close combat ability and great morale.

1 comment:

pulpcitizen said...

Great pics mate, and I thoroughly enjoyed the game - even if I need a good counter for your blimming guns! :)