Sunday 28 April 2013

Burma: Chindit Patrol

The second round of Lead Painters League saw me finish off five more Chindits for my 1943 Burma campaign.  Again I have tried to up the ante a bit on the painting, and am quite pleased with the blending and highlighting on the cloth. By all accounts the Chindit's Jungle Green (JG) fatigues faded very quickly when they got into the humid jungle, and so I wanted to simulate that effect. 

These models are from all of manufactures of Chindits in 28mm (as far as I am aware). They are, from left to right, BAM, Foundry, TAG, BAM and BAM. Foundry are my favourite  but they only make them with SMGs, and according to the Bolt Action army lists in the Armies of Great Britain book Chindits only have 2 SMGs per section, so I need loads more with rifles. 

By the way- this round of Lead Painters League was a draw. so that is won one, drawn one so far. Looking good!

6 comments:

Simon Quinton said...

Nice job mate, I completely forgot about last weeks vote :(

Xander said...

Foundry did do some with SMLES (and a bren in one pack IIRC) however, they aren't very common at all... I think I've only seen 1 or 2 packs in the last 3-4 years or so...

Xander said...

I probably ought to add that I saw the packs on eBay

pulpcitizen said...

Nicely done mate. :)

Michael Awdry said...

Stunning job Sir.

Smillie said...

Nice work, the Chindit's are an interesting force.