Friday 11 December 2009

It's just over a year now I have been maintaining this Blog, and I have really enjoyed it. I am delighted to have picked up six followers, and I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog as much as I have enjoyed making it. Next year you can expect more of the same: i.e. Superheroes, Villains and henchmen, with the odd smattering of Cowboys, SciFi and Conanesque fantasy, plus I am planning to add a zombie apocalypse range to my Supers range (Leon's current supers campaign for Basic Roleplaying seems to feature a lot of the shambling undead)

Back to the Christmas Madness, I have two more minis for your delight. The first is the snowman I sculpted from green stuff, while the second is a little bit special.
One Christmas Snowman, sculpted by me (sadly a one off, unavailable to buy. Ho Ho). I was wondering if I could find some way to fit this figure into my Supers range, perhaps as a piece of scenery, but now it's painted my son Charlie has 'baggsied' it for in his bedroom.
Behold, Santa the Barbarian!
"...Hither came Santa, the Northpoleian, white-haired, sullen eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to thread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his booted feet."
This mini is a Reaper figure, kindly donated to my Conanesque range by Leon. I wasn't going to use him, as he was a bit over scaled compared to the rest, but when I saw this picture (below) on Deviant Art, I new I had to paint a barbarian Father Christmas. I sculpted on the sack and extended his beard to give him more of a festive look.
I might re-base him in the new year to add him to my Conan range.

No comments: