Thursday 26 March 2015

On The Seven Seas: Pirate Crew

  I got these for Christmas, and have really enjoyed painting them. It's given me that eighteenth century bug again. As you can see I haven't held back on the colours, going full on for garishness and tastelessness. My pirates like nothing more than spending their ill-gotten gains on bright coloured clothing. Not very realistic or historically accurate but what the hell- their captain is Captain Hook for God sake! 
  The only down side of this is that the On The Seven Seas starter kit doesn't contain enough figures for the starter crew, so you have to go an buy as second box- and then you end up with spare! Just silly if you ask me. 
  The figures are from North Star. I am considering getting sailors from Foundry or Galloping Major to fill out the ranks but I am not sure about scale compatibility, and beside, these North Star ones are a pleasure to paint. 




6 comments:

pulpcitizen said...

Excellent work mate. :)

Hook looks especially good. :)

Vampifan said...

They're very good but Hook is really exceptional.

irishhighlander said...

Im going to try to model mine with plastic figures, just need some Hat sailors

Rob Bresnen said...

Interesting. What plastic figures are you going to use?

irishhighlander said...

mix of Accurate American militia, in shirt and breeches, the guys holding pistols, some Revell Tyw types with sword and pistol, Hat British sailors when I can order, Im going for a historic rather than Disney look

Unknown said...

Great job dude! Only one thing to say "Aaaaarrrrrrr".