Monday 22 February 2010

I went to see the new Solomon Kane movie on Friday with some of the lads from the gaming group. I would have to say that I like what I saw.
I am not well read in the Solomon Kane books, being more of a fan of the Conan books (they by the same author, Robert E. Howard) so I can't comment on how close it stuck to the stories. It was fast paced, dramatic, with stylish sets and costumes. The fighting and stunts were excellent, and the CGI and other special effects were of the standard you would expect from any Hollywood blockbuster. Casting was good, and Purefoy's West Country accent was excellent- you don't see many heroes with a west country accent.
All in all, it was as good as I had expected, and in a few places even better! If you liked Van Helsing, Underworld: Rise of the Lycans, Hellboy: The Golden Army etc then you will probably like this. I loved it.

No comments: