Friday 31 December 2010

Review of 2010

I have just reviewed my blog from twelve months ago. Then I had just 6 followers, and now, twelve months on, I have 33. I guess I must be doing something right.
Last year I declared that 2010 would feature more superheros, villains, thugs as well as some cowboys and some SciFi, and the start of a Zombie horde. Well it certainly did (if 9 zombies can be considered a horde), but what I hadn't anticipated was getting into 1938: A Very British Civil War (VBCW) via the Lead Adventure Forum, and later the Gentlemen' Wargame Parlor. 2010 has seen 80+ models painted for VBCW, in addition to the rest of the stuff. I have attended a few games over in Stourbridge, and the Big Game 3, in Evesham, and generally got to know, via the forum, a great bunch of enthusiastic war gamers (some of whom follow this blog).
2011 will feature, I think, more of the same. Supers will still be the core of the blog, and I have lots more unpainted supers waiting to get featured. A number of SciFi/supers cross overs might be on the cards too. I hope to get my hands on AE Bounty, a SciFi skirmish game from the makers of AE:ww2, and get a crew together for that too. I plan to add to my VBCW armies, to bring the BUF/ Royalist factions up to strength, and to add some much needed anti-tank to my Reds. I hope to add to the zombie horde too, as I enjoyed painting the Studio Miniatures zeds so much. I will to paint some more scenery, mostly for VBCW, but also to paint some interior scenery for Supers (namely a mad scientists lab, probably featuring sharks with frikin' laser beams!). I expect I might be doing some more Battle Cars too, as Charlie wont stop pestering me about it. Leon wants to get some pulp-era stuff done too, and while I have some ready done from a RPG campaign we ran last year, I might be tempted to add a small number to this to flesh it out a bit.
Other things I am looking at, but might not get around to, are more little space ships, and possibly Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, or Gezzers Shut it! Some more Flames of War might also be on the cards.
Phew! When I list it like that it looks like I am going to be very busy in 2011. And very skint!
Happy New Year every one. See you on the other side!

No comments: